July 15, 2010

Thank God For Beds!

When I was a teenager, I asked an older friend if there were beds in heaven. "I don't think so, my dear, because in heaven there are no more darkness. There should be no more nights so we don't need to sleep." Heaven instantly became unappealing to me! So never tell a teenager who loves sleep that there are no beds in heaven.


If you were a frequent visitor, you would notice that I haven't blogged for many days. It's because I'm trying to rest and get more sleep as I can. I'm feeling overworked and there are days when I'm all drained and what is left is just enough to make me crawl under cover, lay my head and dose off. Have you had those days?I'm sure you were most thankful for having a place to lay your aching back. Or were you too tired to even think of that! I attended a bridal shower party one time and one advice given to the bride to be was: invest on a good bed!
"Oh, thank you, God, for my bed!" I'm not sure how many times dear husband heard me say this but I always do, especially this week. Isn't it a blessing to have our own bed? There were years in my teenage life where I slept in our sofa. I could only own it late at night. So,whatever bed you have now, may it be bunk bed, twin beds or a posh one, thank God that you have your own!

And what I know, heaven is a place of REST, (and there are mansions there) most likely there must be beds there, and for sure it's a lot better than what I have now!

"....for He grants sleep to those He loves."
Psalm 127:2

 
Share your list of thanksgiving here.

2 comments:

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I am thankful for your participation today Ruth.
And I hope you will continue to get your much needed rest. You are wise to seek it when feeling overwhelmed.
May you find renewed strength, endurance,comfort, and peace...in your bed!

Mrs. Santos said...

I am so thankful for my bed too. I grew up a little "poor" so I didn't have a bed until I was 16. We slept on the floor.

A nice place to sleep is such a blessing.