August 19, 2011

My Parents' Garden


My father is a serious gardener and he collects exotic seeds from other countries and germinate them in his nursery to be planted to the city's parks and grounds. He works for the city's Natural Resource and Environment Office. As soon as the cock crows, he's already in his garden. 
My Pa in his garden at sunrise when I last visited them in my homecountry. 
My father is more into fruit trees and decorative trees. He has more than 20 varieties of fruit trees in his garden. Neighbors are blessed to come and enjoy the fruits for free.

Pomelo in my Pa's garden. Ma is standing in front the house.
Durian, chesnuts, avocado, marang, rambutan, lychee, etc. He's got them all in his garden and always bearing in each season but almost all-year round they get to enjoy the sweet pomelo. 

The most delicious variety of avocado.
When I was there last June, I enjoyed the most delicious avocado. They're big and very rich.

My Ma is into flowers. She likes her house surrounded with blooms. Below is the collage of photos I took when I visited my parents. 


I'm glad I am a gardener like them.


Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb, a lovely garden in a seed, 
a giant oak in an acorn.

(William Arthur Ward)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST LOVE NATURE... I WISH I COULD LIVE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS SURROUNDED OF TREES AND NATURE...BEAUTIFULL.. AND THOSE AVOCADOS REMEMBERED ME THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC WE CAN PICK THEM SO OUT THE TREES.. IN HOLLAND WELL THEY ARENT REALLY GROWN IN GOOD GROUND LIKE SOUTH AMERICA..

Illinois Lori said...

So lovely! What fun to see these "exotics" (to our eyes) in their native habitat! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Lori

imriz said...

think it would be a pleasure visiting ur parent's paradise.
http://www.clarizzatomacruz.com/2011/08/21/dining-al-fresco/
http://www.bongabonlife.com

mygreenlivingideas said...

ooh, what a beautiful flowers you have there. Thanks for joining as always!

Daddy's Girl...Like Mother Like Daughter

" I read your blog in my office ."  Those words came as a beautiful tune and set my heart to dancing. My Pa reads my blog. Ha...