- I thank Him for placing me to a loving family. If I were to choose my own family members, I would choose them all all again.
- I praise Him for the experiences and memories I have in my childhood.They are not all good and happy ones but I came out whole as a person. The trials and hardships could have made me bitter and in despair.
- I saw lots of perils and dangers when I was growing up. Those are the times when my parents were away and not on sight. But I know now that my loving Father in heaven have sent His angels to guard me at all times. I would never know what more evil the enemy had planned against me when I was a child, but God's wonderful plan prevailed and I can't thank Him enough for that.
For he will command his angels concerning youto guard you in all your ways;they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.Psalm 91:11-12
- I Praise Him that I know better now how to take care of my own children. I know that my wisdom and power are not enough to keep them safe from evil and danger. But the same loving hand that protected my me in my childhood will also protect my children, and I can rely totally count on Him for that.
"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven."Matthew 18:10
- Today, my 8-year old Zoe told us all about stories of her experiences hearing God and angels calling her name. She also told us that she would have a day of fasting tomorrow, not eating 3 meals but only water, prayer, and Bible reading. I was a bit hesitant to let her do it but her dad and I decided that I would also fast with her to guide and support her. I thank God that my children have more spiritual awareness than I had before. And I take pleasure in knowing that He will be there with me as I lead my children to the path where He wanted them to be.Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."Mark 10:15
January 19, 2011
Thank You For My Childhood
As I wrote my stories from my childhood last night, it dawned on me that I have so much to thank God for as a child.